The ATO hosted a webinar on 21 September to provide an overview of the new deductible gift recipient (DGR) category for community sheds, which starts from 1 October.
For your convenience we have published copies of the webinar presentation pack and help sheet they provided:
- Help Sheet – providing guidance on meeting the requirements for DGR endorsement. It contains tips and examples that may help when reviewing your governing documents.
- Webinar presentation pack – covering what is required to become DGR endorsed, the steps you need to take to apply, and your ongoing responsibilities
Be sure to visit the dedicated ATO webpage at ato.gov.au/communitysheds for additional support and information on:
- the DGR item number that you need to include in your application
- requirements for your governing documents, including the best way to submit them with your application
- how to apply to be DGR endorsed
- information about tax-deductible gifts and donations
- A recording of their 21 September webinar session.
If your shed is registering as a charity, be sure to tune into the ACNC hosted Community sheds, charity registration and DGR webinar on 14 October, 12pm-1pm (AEDT). This will step you through the charity registration process and answer your questions.
Register to attend online www.acnc.gov.au/tools/webinars
If you have any questions about:
- your DGR endorsement application
phone the ATO on 1300 130 248 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- your charity registration
phone the ACNC on 13 22 62 between 1pm and 5pm, weekdays.