2017 WAMSA AGM & Board
The WAMSA AGM was also held on 2nd September 2017 in conjunction with the Wheatbelt Steel Men’s Shed Conference held in Merredin.
Board Member appointed by the Board, Clayton Hollingsworth resigned from the Board earlier in the year. Morris Pavlinovich and Russell Candy’s period of appointment had expired with Morris not seeking re-election.
Russell Candy from Manji Men’s Shed was nominated and elected for a further three years.
Ron Croager from Canning Men’s Shed was nominated and elected for three years.
A Board appointment is yet to be made replacing Clayton Hollingsworth.
The Board members currently are:
- Trevor Taylor, President, Bicton Men’s Shed
- Ross Jones, Vice President, Subiaco Men’s Shed
- Russell Candy, Secretary, Manji Men’s Shed
- Gordon Knight, Treasurer, Capel Men’s Shed
- Harry White, Board Member, Denmark Men’s Shed
- Ron Croager, Canning Men’s Shed, Board Member
- Michael Woodhouse, appointed Board Member
- Kevin Skipworth, appointed Board Member
The 2016 AGM passed a resolution that the name of the association should be changed to “Men’s Sheds WA.”
The change was not approved by the Department of Commerce because AMSA had registered “Men’s Sheds WA” as a business name.
WAMSA Board member, Michael Woodhouse has registered the business name “Men’s Sheds of WA” and it was transferred to WAMSA.
The 2017 AGM changed the name to “Men’s Sheds of WA” which was subsequently approved by the Department.